Monday, January 23, 2012

Scrapping Stamper December and January Sketch

I am always inspired by the monthly sketches from The Scrapping Stamper.
Here is the sketch for December:
And my take on it:
I love using scraps to make cards. I usually put my scraps from making a layout into a page protector, making it easy to whip up a card with coordinating papers. 

January sketch:
 
My take on it:
This layout came together very quickly. I love how all of the patterns go together. I started with that awesome floral(from Tim Holtz) and then just grabbed some others I thought would go. They all are from different manufacturers but blend together well. My title was a pre-made phrase and I thought it fit perfectly but it was beige. So you know me by now, I got out my fav distress inks and made it match. I am happy with the final product and the fact that it honors my greatest friends.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE your Jan. layout! I can't believe the papers are different manufacturers- they go together so well! Love what you did with the title too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy! And I stand corrected, 1 of the solids was from the same line as the floral but everything else was random, couldn't believe it myself.

      Delete
  2. Loveeeeee your card and your lo!! LOVING all the cupcakes and glitter on your card!! And loveee the colors on your lo! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! I'm so loving the cupcake trend :)

      Delete