Tuesday, January 17, 2012

If It's Groovy: January Challenge; You're so negative!

Groovy Deb always give us creative challenges. This month is about using negative space. You can view the challenge here and  Deb's post here.  My post is below. I hope you decide to play along.

I love layouts with white(or negative) space. When I first learned about “white space”, I took it literally to mean blank, white space on my page, that didn‘t appeal to me. I was glad to learn that white space didn’t have to be white at all and now I love making layouts with white space. This layout was easy to put together once I chose my gold, background paper, I pulled several scraps of blues/grays that I thought would go with the picture. I cut them in blocks and arranged them until I was happy with the design. I finished up by adding my title and date. I love that this layout showcases one of my favorite pictures of my kids.

2 comments:

  1. So cute! What a great example of white space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loveeeeeeee this! PRECIOUS photo and loving the colors! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete