Friday, January 20, 2012

If It's Groovy Birthday Blog Hop

Hello and welcome! We are celebrating three years of If It's Groovy with a one day blog hop!! Each of us "Groovy Chicks" are using a letter from "BIRTHDAY" to create some fun things to share.

I have the letter "H" and I chose to make things that are "Happy". . .

A "Happy Birthday"card. . .

I love how this card turned out. It was roughly based on a card I saw in Paper Crafts. I stamped the sentiment on the base, cut out the patterned paper slightly smaller than the base, tore and rolled the top of the patterned paper to expose the sentiment underneath. I inked all the edges. The finishing touch, the ribbon tied across, love the trick of slicing a little slit in the fold and sliding the ribbon through.

An artist trading card about "Happiness". . .
I have really been enjoying making ATC's, especially when I have something new I want to try. It is less intimidating to try it on this small scale. I started with  cream card stock, cut to size(2 1/2 x 3 1/2), using some bright, happy yellows and oranges and my handy ink blending tool, I created the background then used this stamp from Stampers Anonymous for the rays. Finally, I added the quote, which I stamped on scrap, inked and added some color and stickles to the flower to finish it off.

And a tag using "Happy" colors. . .
And finally, I made this fun tag, perfect to add to a gift bag. For this, I started with a tag base, gathered some scraps, tore them into strips and glued them on to the tag, I don't worry about the edges hanging off, I just put them on there very randomly and when I am finished adding the strips, I simply cut off the excess all at once. I did ink each strip and the outer edge of the tag. The final touch, I punch a circle, stamped it "a gift for you" and attached with a brad.

I hope that my projects inspire you to get out your scrap stash and have some fun!
Thanks for stopping by! Next up is Jean with the letter "D"

18 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhh these are GORGEOUS girl!! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo super cute ideas!!!! Love that card! And the ATC is adorable! Never thought of using scraps like that . . . love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I like the idea of trying out new techniques on the ATC cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheena, these are wonderful projects! I love the way you chose to represent "H". I love the touch of distressed you added to all three.

    Happy Birthday IIG and thank you for sharing your designs with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So perfect for you to do a "happy" theme! I love all three projects- the ATC is my favorite. It's so, well, happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the three cards! ATC is such a cool art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card and love the ATC. Wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the cards and ATC. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your projects are adorable! Love them all..I am just visiting for the Birthday Hop! Great things, thanks for sharing your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that you used the letter H for happy! Your birthday card turned out really nice. I really like your ATC and find it interesting that you like to try new things on ATCs. To me, they are more intimidating because of the small space. Isn't it great that there are different ways to do things so we all can have a comfort zone! Thanks for sharing all of your happy projects!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your happy projects!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving your happy projects! Thanks for sharing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such fun and Happy projects!! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful tags and cards! I wish I was a better card maker! Love Penny Scrap-aholic@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sheena! Thanks so much for being part of our birthday hop! It was really cool to see what you have come up with for "H". I like each project as much as the next, but am really happy with your happy colors project! :) :) :) :) :)
    Deb♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these projects, especially that tag, so vibrant and happy!

    ReplyDelete