Friday, January 13, 2012

December Daily wrap up

So, I started with great intentions for my December Daily album but when it came down to it, it just didn't work for me or at least not the way I planned. I am in the process of finishing up my book and I will share some of my pages with you. I learned a lot. This was my first time attempting something like this. I think I will do it again this Decemeber but with some changes that suit me.
Things I liked:
-loved having the everyday mixed in with the holiday events
-loved telling stories that my have been missed in my "normal" scrapbook
Things I didn't like:
-the pressure I put on myself about what I put in the album and how
-feeling like everyday had to have something, sometimes there just isn't anything
How I'll do things differently this time around:
-mostly digital pages
-no pressure to have something everyday, just go with it. Also, use these days to include holiday decor( I did this year as well, it just felt strange to put a date on it so I didn't)
-I won't pre-make my numbers, the ones I made this year were too big and I didn't like using the same one throughout like I thought I would.
Here are a few of my pages:
Day 1, love that I have Devin and his Lego Advent to begin this book.

This is so random but we had our pool removed this December and I love that it is documented in here too, shows what was going on with us during this already crazy time.

Pages about getting ready for the big day.

loved this page, my sons wish list for Santa. I created a pocket page and tucked it in.

We got an electronic invitation and it was so pretty. I wanted to include in my book. Instead of printing it out(was going to be the wrong size) I took a picture of my screen and printed the photo in the correct size. It turned out better than I thought it would.

My Daughter's fiance is in the Navy and sent her gifts early. Next year she'll have moved where he is, glad I have this documented, change is coming.

The last page that I am sharing with you shows  the internet can be a great resource. I didn't take pictures of us having the movie night, instead I did an image search and used the pictures of the movies instead. I was able to resize them to fit on my page.

Thanks for checking out some of my December Daily. I would love to hear from you. Did you do one this past December? Did you finish it? What did you like or not like about it?

Thanks for stopping by!








3 comments:

  1. All of the things you didn't like are reasons why I've never done a project like this. It's great that you've learned what works for you and how to adapt it for future attempts. I love seeing what you did - these pages are absolutely wonderful! Will you be scrapping these photos for the regular album, or do you consider these photos scrapped and done?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks cindy. Some of the things are just scrapped and done but others will be included in my "regular" scrapbooks but the story told will be different. I really liked being able to tell stories that may not have made it into my normal scrapbook. In the end this mini book is a great snapshot of our Decemeber and I LOVE that!

      Delete
  2. I totally feel your pain ... I had the HARDEST time with mine!! I loveeeeeeee how yours turned out! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete