Sunday, November 27, 2011

December Daily

This year I decided to create a "December Daily" album inspired by Ali Edwards. I've got my foundation pages all prepped and ready for December 1st.  For those not familiar with a December Daily album, it is a small scrapbook that you can put a picture or story in each day from December 1-25. You can make it anything you want really, I recommend checking out Ali's blog to see all of her past books and more information.
I made my book from things I already had in my craft room. The only thing I bought was the letter stickers for the title. I chose to do a 6"x 9" format. I used chipboard to create the front and back cover, inked the edges and covered each side with some of my favorite holiday paper. I used some over sized rings to hold it all together. I am not sure I'll need these big rings but for now I am going to use them.
I used kraft paper for my inside pages. I inked the edges of all the pages and I will add patterned paper as I do each day. I wanted the option of no pattern so I could add busier items without it clashing too much.
I precut the paper to use on my inside pages.

I made these circles to mark each day. I already had this cool stamp with the month in the middle and the days going around the outside. I punched out a bunch of circles, stamped and inked them using distress ink. Each day, I can just simply circle what day it is and attached to my page.
And to keep it all contained, I am using a small wood crate that used to contain a Melissa and Doug wooden fruit play set, my son will never miss it :) It is a perfect size to hold the book, the precut sheets and date circles, some stamps, ink and whatever else I decide to use. I can keep it on a shelf in my scrap area, work on it and put it back daily.
 I am looking forward to this project and will share some pages along the way.

5 comments:

  1. Love it! It's super cute- can't wait to see some finished pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally love it. i used a lot of those same papers. i know we will have doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are all ready! Can't wait to see it as it gets filled

    Kellystar #6446

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cool, I came here from the Fiskars message board, I will have to check our ali's blog I have never heard of this Dec daily before and it sounds cool. Thanks for sharing Mary #5509

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors and can't wait to see it all filled up!!! I added you to my blog roll to make sure I don't miss anymore of your posts! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete