Saturday, August 13, 2011

Time for a do over!

I have been working on a layout this week that just didn’t feel right. I kept adding and changing to try and make it look right. I really do try to embrace imperfection. I know my projects are not going to be perfect, this was different. After looking at this project and trying to rework it I realized something. It was not my perfectionism that was getting in the way, it was the fact that this project just wasn’t me. I was trying to many new things and it just went a direction that just wasn’t my style. It is a rare thing for me to completely start over but today I did. My project is nearly complete and although I still did something new, it still looks like me. Have you ever had a project you just completely started over? Or when you were done just didn’t feel like you? I would love to hear your stories!

3 comments:

  1. I totally relate. I've done two layouts recently (one for a challenge and one for a DT) that just don't feel like me. I haven't wanted to put them in an album yet, which is a sure sign that I need to redo them. I love the photos too much to leave them on a doesn't-feel-right page.

    I hope you show us the before and after transformation when you're done with the redo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least I am not alone :) I am so glad I redid the page. I didn't take a picture of the lo before I redid it, that would have been a good before and after. I was able to reuse a lot of the things on the page, so I only wasted some paper and a lot of time. I learned a lot in the process, so maybe the time wasn't wasted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    Since your a fellow Fiskateer and new fellow Designer at IIG.

    I have a butterfly blog award that I want to pass on to you. Stop on over when you get a chance. It's the least I could do for having such a great Scrappy Friend!

    Hope you have a great Monday!
    Michelle
    ScrapbookingSOS.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete