Monday, August 29, 2011

"Lift off" online crop at Fiskateers: Lift an "inchie" challenge

I had no idea that "inchies" had such a following! I really enjoyed playing with this and will have to make more in the future! If you haven't heard of them before they are just square inches of paper with some type of design on them. Some of the inchies that we were to lift had letters on them so that is what I did. I started with a while chipboard "s" inked it black, stamped with versamark, brushed with pearl ex powder and coated with utee then heat embossed. I added the "s" to squares of matching paper that I inked with metallic ink.






 I love how it turned out. Have you ever made an "inchie" before?

3 comments:

  1. I've been admiring the "inchies" on Fiskateers! Love yours - knew I saw some UTEE as soon as I saw it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I love how such a fabulous S started as white chipboard. Who'd ever guess??

    That is the one and only challenge I did this crop, though I haven't posted my pic yet. I've only done inchies once before (also for a Fiskars crop). They're actually really fun, aren't they?! A great way to play with techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cindy! I am still surprised at how cool that process is, taking something boring and turning it into something awesome! Yes, fun, fun, fun. I had only made one before too. It is a great way to play. I think of ATCs the same way, a nice way to try soemthing new on a very small scale.

    ReplyDelete